Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Beginning Training Schedule

I have had many requests for my training schedule for my half marathon. I hope that it is because I am motivating others and looking at my schedule will help them get moving to their own fitness regime. If any of you are interested, feel free to take my schedule and modify it to your own needs. Also, I am happy to help you come up with a regime with you. My beginning schedule was modified from Hal Higdon's Novice Training Schedule. I modified it to my current soccer schedule to incorporate my running averages in games. My schedule through Thanksgiving is as follows:

Monday - yoga/rest
Tuesday - run (3.5 miles)
Wednesday - weights/circuits/cross-training
Thursday - run (3.5 miles) I did have soccer practice, but the time change has prevented that since we use a "no lights" field.
Friday - Run (2 miles)
Saturday - yoga/weights/cross-training
Sunday - Game (average 5 miles running)

Cross-training includes swimming, bike riding, something of that sort.

Each workout last 1-2 hours depending on what I am doing. I usually average an hour of training.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment makes me smile!