Monday, May 3, 2010

Kilometers for Kodi 5K


April 24, 2010 Kilometers for Kodi

It's amazing what one small race community can do when one of there own is in need. Kodi Tutt is an 5-year-old girl who was recently diagnosed with neuroblastoma, an aggressive type of cancer. The small town of Sanger, Texas, the town I work in, had pulled together all sorts of fundraisers for her family and her treatment. Kilometers for Kodi was the 5K fundraiser for her.

For me, this was the first race of the year. After so-so training, but regular running, I was excited, but nervous. I had recently PR'd on a 5K at 36 minutes, so I was confident. Yet, I was not used to morning heat, and battling soreness from the previous weekend's soccer game. With also battling not-so-great streets, I did end up walking some and having to readjust my shoe twice. I still timed out at 45 minutes with my hubs and kiddos watching me...which was a first.

I felt okay about the time, but it wasn't about the time for this race. The support and money donation were more important.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment makes me smile!