Saturday, December 3, 2011

Lackluster Running Week

Last Sunday, I ran 8.76 miles in blustery, 30-something, but sunny weather. Even though I was actually pretty scared to run it, I did it, and only the last 1.5 miles hurt. Not the "man, my muscles are tired" kind of hurt, but the "oh dear lord, just let me make it a few more steps" kind of hurt. The pain went away when my legs stopped quivering about an hour after I walked through my door. The run was great despite the cold wind, and P did a great job of making my Shakeology for recovery, drawing a bath, and even making sure I ate a good breakfast and had hot coffee. I ended up spending the rest of the day in my pjs and loving every minute.

Monday, I knew I’d be a little sore. My upper quads and hammies reciprocated with making me cringe every time I tried to sit down, stand up, and walk. P, T, and the Cy-Guy giggled at me the sight of me struggling to make it to the kitchen, the bathroom, and heck, even the couch. I still got in a great upper body workout too with P90X.

Tuesday. No desire to run, and didn’t. I didn't even attempt Plyos, which I love.

Wednesday: P practically forced me outdoors for a run.

Thursday: Met my walking group and walked a brisk 2.5 miles with them, and went home afterward instead of my planned 3 miler.

Yesterday: Yay, it’s a strength day, so that meant I’m building up my legs and back with P90X, and still no desire to go out for even a short run.

Today is a rest day from running, which in my world, it means it’s a yoga day along with some Kenpo X. All I hope for is that my mind clears, and I get the running urge in the morning. The calendar shows a 10 miler, December 4 is a tough day anyway, and the weather looks like this:

Yea...here goes nothing.


2 comments:

  1. Lackluster? You're kicking booty mama! Enjoy your rest day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful article and must say when people looking for company profile online than there are competitors who already got the spot but we offer best services as we consider and can build your company profile like a successful business profile that will help you in future.

    Plain Racing company profile

    ReplyDelete

Your comment makes me smile!