Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Blogger Apology


I hearby present an apology to you, my readers. My posting of late has been fairly nonexistent, and I feel horribly for it. Lately, my scheduled free time has been next to nothing, and when I get that free time, I’m training for the Cowtown Half. Here’s the crazy deal:

T, my oldest son, started training for the LoneStar OpenTournament in late January. He is currently a 3rd degree purple belt with Red Tiger Karate. We’ve been trying to get him to do this tournament for a couple of years now, but since he decided he wanted to be on Team Red Tiger, he has no choice but to do the tournament. Therefore, his one formal practice a week has now been bumped up to three. The other days are used to keep him sharp and conditioned at home. Couple all this extra activity with his school projects, band, and typical 11-year-old-I don’t-wannas, I’ve gotten into “Mommy Mode” 24/7.

On top of that craziness, I'm trying to get the Cy-guy into soccer as well as some art classes. This guy loves kicking the ball as much as I do and he loves art. He really loves to be called an "artist".

Also, as most of you know, I am also an Independent Fitness Coach for Beachbody. In December, I decided to work hard to make Beachbody my full-time job so I can leave my desk job to ... 1. be home and more available to my boys and 2. begin pursuing group fitness instructor and personal trainer certifications.

So, please forgive my very sparse posting. I often start posts and often do not see them again until everything is irrelevant. I, as most of us parents, am working hard to find the right balance. I believe it is a struggle that all of us strive for constantly. Please stay posted though! The Cowtown Half is coming up as well as a couple of 5Ks, and a possible volunteer opportunity with my running! I will have plenty of reports for you, my dear faithful!!!

Thank you,


1 comment:

  1. I totally get it! Parenting is a lot of work and also time consuming. I think its cool you are trying to do Beachbody full time! That is so awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comment makes me smile!