- Marathon Training: I pushed through the hot ass months of July and August in Texas, probably whining A LOT. But the cooler weather moved in a bit, and I kept on trucking. The knee felt great, my pace was picking up, distances were good. Then two weeks ago, my kid got sick, I had other fitness training, I got sick, and I feel like I'm back at square one ago. More on square one later.
- LIFE: School is in full swing for T & the Cy-Guy. T is in 7th grade, totally loving football and his band. He's still in karate too, working toward his 2nd degree red belt. The Cy-Guy is loving soccer and it warms this Mommy's heart. P is rocking and rolling with his band and kicking some guitar butt.
- Soccer: Yes, I'm playing again this season. Not as much as I like, but still playing. Feels great to play again, actually. I love my team and we have a blast.
- Career: As you know, I've been a Beachbody coach for a little over a year now. Thanks to Beachbody, I've been able to start getting group class certifications and working toward my personal trainer certification. As of December 21, I will be my own boss. Working in my home office and gym, hopefully 4-5 classes per week, and training clients both at North Lakes Rec Center and on my own.
- The KNEE: I can't talk about it without a mass amount of sighs beforehand. Let us pause for my dramatic sigh. Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiighhhhhhhhhhhhh. I was doing great. RICE-ing, using KT Tape since my brace became too big. I got over my fear of the 13.1 distance. Yet, after a short little run when I had to take about 10 days off for family illness and a certification training, my knee began acting up again. I've switched up my KT application and am trying new shoes. The only thing left is to make the dreaded call to the sports doc. My knee has me mentally screwed up. I'm even thinking of possibly giving running a LONG break and going towards total strength training. I don't know what I'm going to do if I can't run. It's like breaking up with a friend!!!
I'll keep everyone updated, especially about the knee, since the knee affects everything. Thanks for being patient about my lack of posts.