Thursday, October 29, 2009

First Two Days of Training

Tuesday night, I not only began my training schedule, but also began my evening workout schedule. Evening workouts are not my forte. I have long days with work, kids, normal working mother things to do. I prefer early morning workouts. Someone once said I was the one who woke up the rooster so he could wake up everyone else. Yet, Tuesday night I ran 3.5 miles, actually 3.56 miles according to MapMyRun. I think that run ended up being tougher than the Komen. I realized I tired faster and my foot argued with me the entire time. 42 minutes. Not too shabby.

Last night, I did weights and core workout. With the weights I used exercises I learned from Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred. In three circuits, I did jumping jacks (which always remind me of horrifying elementary and junior high physical education classes), then a series of arm lifting moves to work the triceps, biceps, shoulders, and even the chest and back. After those circuits, I switched to a core workout I found on Runner's World. Just the superman and plank poses made me ache immediately. I kept pushing though, but two circuits did me in.

My favorite part of workouts in the evenings? Recovery. 12 ounce glass of chocolate milk, a shower or bath, and fight sleep until 10 p.m. Now each morning, I tell myself I'm one day closer to making it to the routine, the race and the finish line.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment makes me smile!