Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Such a Super Saturday!

This past Saturday, I attended a Super Saturday event through my coaching business. All the buzz leading up to this Saturday, was getting to do a LIVE Asylum workout with Shaun T.
Yea...that guy ---->

After an early wake up of 4:30 a.m. on a Saturday and an hour drive to Arlington, I excitedly waited for another hour and a half for Shaun T to kick my ass...and he did. Remember, I'm totally a P90X girl. I've loved the muscle confusion and specific muscle workouts. But Asylum totally put my fitness into perspective, and how I needed to improve even more. The warm up started, and 10 minutes and about 200 calories later, I was drenched in sweat and yes, already panting. Total sports conditioning. What? It was like no other sports conditioning I have EVER had, and I've been an athlete all my life! I hung in there, though, between all the crazy push ups, sports moves and even the surfers!


I truly got the meaning of digging deep when it came to the core work. I'll be the first to admit that my core is weak, but the V-sits and flutter kicks worked my core like crazy. As you can imagine, core work has gotten a top priority in my training now. And plank tucks! Yea, my butt just quit hurting today.

Even though the live workout with a celebrity trainer, all the awesome answers he gave in a Q&A (which will be shared within later posts), and the training for my coaching business, the SUPER part of my Saturday was the people I met! I met a fellow coach and her guests, and they were some of the nicest people I've met in a long time. (Made me really proud at the fact that Texans are known as some of the nicest people on earth!) Here's all of us after the Asylum workout.
That's Kim, Sheri, Jerome, and then me sporting the P90X2 shirt. By the way, that was my second shirt of the day. Like I said, they were so nice to let me hang out with them all day, and they all had fabulous stories. Yet, Jerome's story was amazing! We hit it off as fellow runners, you know chatting about training, races, and injuries, but his journey started on December 28th, 2009 and he transformed his body and his life by losing 100 pounds in a year! He's running his goal race at White Rock on December 4. I could tell you how he did it, but he graciously shared his vlog with me so I could share it with you.


We both are runners, and perhaps one day, we'll get to run a race together, but the biggest thing...we're both on a mission. Mission Possible: to End the Trend of obesity. His story is one of many I encounter as a Coach. I get inspired by every story to keep doing what I'm doing: making a difference in people's life to lead them to live healthy and fulfilling lives! I am so thankful I became involved with Beachbody to meet new and inspiring people every day (and getting my ass kicked by celebrity trainers LIVE once in a while).



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment makes me smile!