Sunday, October 23, 2011

A Month Off

I've been a bad blogger. I left you hanging about my final P90X results and then proceeded to not blog for about a month. Bluntly said, $h!t hit the fan. That's the best way to explain the past month for me. Personal issues led to major stress which led to barely training which led to dead air. In retrospect, I should have kept blogging because writing helps me sort out things, but I hit that moment where I asked myself, "Is what I'm writing actually worth it?".

I realized I push myself really hard in all aspects in my life and I needed a break. I couldn't get a break from work and my family, so I did what I could. I took a break from training and writing and anything else that I felt could make me feel pressured. That's what I needed to relieve the stress in my other areas.

That said, I've been running here and there plus my soccer practices and games. Nothing too spectacular with the exception of my first goal in 2 seasons since my move to defense. It was pretty awesome, and I've been told there's still some talk about it too.

Let me update you on some things that have been going on:

  • I've begun belly dancing classes. I realized how uncoordinated I really am, but I'm having fun.
  • I began a Walk to Get Fit club for people who want to do something other than traditional workouts or go to the gym. Right now there's 3 of us. My goal is to get up to 11 by the end of the year.
  • I found my local running club (YAY!) and once soccer season is over, the plan is to join them on their Sunday morning runs.
  • My coaching business got put on the wayside during my stress period, and I've set new goals to get where I want to be in that aspect. I went to a Super Saturday event yesterday that really put things in perspective for me and I got to do a live Asylum workout with Shaun T (look for a blog post super soon).
  • I've laid out my running plan to get me trained for the Cowtown in February.
  • What lead me to where I am today...health, fitness, mental. I am a totally different person that I was 3 years ago.
  • Biggest thing...I've been thinking about how I want to incorporate more of my life other than running into my blog to get me posting everyday, well, at least 5 days a week.
What does this mean for you?

  • Blog about my first full round in P90X
  • Blog about my live workout with Shaun T
  • Blogs everyday about more of what happens to me other than my runs
  • Blogs about my training for Cowtown.
Thank you for continuing to read and hanging in there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment makes me smile!