1. Post these rules.
2. You must post 11 random things about yourself.
3. Answer the 11 questions set for you in the post you were tagged in.
4. Create a new set of questions for the people you tag to answer.
5. Go to their blog, Facebook page, wherever you can grab their attention to inform them of their obligation to the blogosphere.
11 Random Things about Me:
1. I used to hate running. Running was always something I had to do that kept me from actually doing what I wanted, which was playing soccer. Yes, the running in soccer is TOTALLY different from the "long distance" crap I used to have to do.
2. I wish I'd wear more skirts, but I always end up wearing pants or shorts.
3. I have had NO interest in the Twilight series, Vampire Diaries, you name it. Seriously, the only thing I like about all of that is the song by Christina Perri, "A Thousand Years". This song touches my soul in a way I cannot explain.
4. I do not like too much T.V., but get me hooked on a show, and I'll watch the shit out of it. For example: Top Chef, Walking Dead, and Sons of Anarchy. Oh, and don't forget Frasier reruns.
5. So, I'm 5'4". That's average, right? Then, why do I feel so damn short all the time?
6. I think I have peak productivity hours. 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. Seriously. That's when my brain is at an all time functionality high.
7. When I turned 33, I realized if I was given the chance, I'd totally nap the day away. I used to hate naps.
8. My elbows are double-jointed. It's gross, and I think my boys might hurt themselves to see if they are double-jointed as well.
9. I miss scrapbooking. I love to scrapbook, and I don't even think I've done hardly anything in the last three years.
10. As bad as I am with math, I can remember phone number and street addresses like nothing else. It's weird.
11. My first "real" job was as a hostess in a Mexican restaurant next to my church. I landed that job the last week I was 15, and waited almost 10 days for my first day of work. There, I learned the art of knowing "enough" Spanish and balancing a large tray of hot fajitas!!
Here are the 11 questions I have to answer from Niki, my fellow Team Tough Chik member.
1. Where do you live? North Texas Have you always lived there? Basically. The city has changed a couple of times, but yes, I've lived in this general area all my life. Texas born, Texas raised, Texas forever.
2. Do you run/bike/swim for time (PRs) or for enjoyment? I run for both. I don't get the opportunity to race often, so most of it is for enjoyment. I have found, even though I love PRs, the more I focus on my ties, the more pressured I feel, and the less I enjoy my running.
3. How long have you been doing your sport of choice? I've been running for 3 years, since January 2009. What made you start? The death of my stepbrother. I first started to lose some weight I had gained during his funeral and things afterward. Then, I got hooked to the therapeutic aspect of it, and eventually my inner athlete kicked in.
4. If you have kids, how do you find the time to do this? It used to be wake up super early and run before anyone stirred in my house. Now with some schedule changes, changed mindsets, and longer runs, P doesn't mind hanging with the boys while I run if he needs to. I still try not to cut into family time, but Sunday morning long runs often cut into breakfast time. My family knows the beneficial impact running has on me and eventually them, so they do not mind at all.
5. Is there anything you are deathly afraid of? What is it? You know, I thought about this, and I'm really not afraid of things. I dislike several things like spiders and weird seafood, as well as my crazy motion sickness, but I'm not deathly afraid of anything except for losing any part of my family.
6. What's your day job? Are they supportive of your athletic endeavors? Right now, I'm an Office Manager at a small speciality sawmill operation. As long as what I do doesn't interfere with my work schedule, they don't mind. Yet, I wouldn't say they "support" my endeavors. I'm also a Beachbody Coach. I'd say that company is supportive of athletic endeavors!
7. What animal would best represent your personality? A sexy beast, perhaps? Oh, I have no clue how to pin this down to just one animal. Maybe this questions is better directed towards P.
8. What's your favorite song to run to? It all depends on how fresh my play list is, but anything by the Black Eyed Peas gets me going! Usually "Pump It" comes on and it keeps me going strong.
9. What did you participate in in high school/college? Sports wise, I transitioned over from middle school and did volleyball and threw discus. When our district finally approved the girls soccer team my junior year, I was there. I then played intramurals in college as my job and classes allowed. I hadn't grown my brass balls enough to do walk-on try outs. Not sports wise, I was in band all four years of high school, as well as jazz band for three of those years.
10. What is your favorite book? Why? I have a favorite series. The Little House on the Prairie series. I wish I could tell you why. I've read the series in completion four times, and I'm a little sad my boys will probably never read the series either.
11. What is your favorite movie? Why? The Notebook. It's a story of following your heart even though everyone else thinks you're wrong. Granted, it's a sappy love story, but if you follow your heart in everything doesn't everything become a love story?
11 Questions for you to answer:
1. Are you spiritual?
2. If you are a runner, how do you cross train? If you don't run, how do you stay fit?
3. What is one song that can transport you anywhere?
4. What is your favorite smell?
5. How do you keep your motivation up?
6. What is your utmost favorite food?
7. An actual book or Kindle/Nook? Why?
8. What is your favorite family/group activity?
9. Solo runs or group runs?
10. Iced tea. Do you take it sweet, with lemon, or none at all?
11. Hats: do you like them? Do you actually wear them?