Sunday, April 1, 2012

Weekly Rewind: 03/26-04/01



Monday, 03/26: Hahaha, What's Training?

Twice a month I get a 3 day weekend. Sometimes on my "off" Mondays, I get up early and workout. Some days I wait until later in the morning when it's just me and the Cy-Guy. Then I have those days, where I sleep in, my to-do list literally an 8.5"x11" page long, and things get out of whack. I still could have ran or done any sort of workout, but after my celebratory margarita with my running buddy (hey, she passed her doctorate's thesis presentation), I knew it wouldn't happen.

Tuesday, 03/27: 1.55 miles

I "host" a walk group in the warmer months of the year. This evening was the first one of the year. No one showed. After chatting with some people I ran into, I decided to get a short jaunt in. The weather was warm and humid. I also forgot my knee brace, but as long as I kept up a quicker pace and focused on my foot strike, I was fine.

Wednesday, 03/28: 2.16 miles

An attempt at getting into my early morning run schedule again, I was up at 5:30 a.m. I got dressed and took off. I felt good. The quiet of the neighborhood was a nice change from the afternoon and evening runs I've had. The air was sticky with humidity. I pulled my sports bra club card out and stripped off my shirt. A chill was on my shoulders from sweat, but it was better than feeling like my skin was suffocating.

That afternoon, I wanted to get some cross training in, so I whipped out my P90X2 Total Body & Ab Ripper DVD out. For the next 75 minutes, I worked my upper body and core like I haven't been able to do in 6 weeks. I admit I had missed the muscle ripping.



Thursday, 03/29:

Let's just say life got in the way.

Friday, 03/30: 

I had full intentions of waking up early to run. FAIL. I had full intentions of running while T was in karate. FAIL. I did feel like I walked two miles around the grocery store doing late night shopping.

Saturday, 03/31:

Again, full intentions of at least getting some yoga in after a long day at work. Intentions aren't getting my ass moving. Yet, I did spend an evening in the kitchen making organic goodies and prepping healthy snacks so the boys will quit bugging me for crap food.

Sunday, 04/01: 5 miles on the Greenbelt.





Today was the last run with my running buddy for a few weeks while she heads to Australia. We took to the Greenbelt because it's a great trail to run. I was drained from mental overload and a busy week, but determined to make this run count. We did fairly well, despite the greenhouse effect caused by the tree canopy. We walked more than normal though. I felt dehydration kicking in, and she was having some knee issues. We got it done. The pace doesn't make the runner, it's the will that makes the runner.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment makes me smile!