- My husband, even though extremely worried, gives the best care, as well as keeping the ship running. He definitely earns 'Man of the Year' in my book.
- My body tells me when to quit....even if it's two steps later. This past week constantly taught me how to listen to my body even better.
- No matter how hydrated you think you are, you can always drink more water.
- Required bed rest helps a woman who likes her house a 'particular way' to let it go.
- Kids can be extremely self-sufficient, if we just let them.
- As much as my now-11-year-old (T) gives me attitude and seems to despise most of what I say, he truly is concerned and loves (even unadmittedly) taking care of me.
- A 4-year-old might grasp the reasons "Mommy can't snuggle because it hurts", but it does not make him any less mad about it.
- I think I'll be making up for P's birthday all year until his next one.
As we head into the hot and very humid season, for us in the South especially, please, please hydrate, hydrate. Drink that one extra glass of water.