Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Memorial Day Slow Down

Since my last post, I actively thought about turning my blog into the "Chronicles of a Wimpy Mom". I wish I could explain the lack of energy I have, or the amount of time it takes me to do anything. Even though I sometimes get frustrated or disappointed at the turtle pace I currently call "normal", I realized this weekend, I needed this "slowing down"; not just for my body or for my family, but to bring some quiet into my mind and soul.

This past weekend, Memorial Day weekend, my family and I experienced something we rarely come across in our hustle and bustle days: full days of nothing, no plans, just leisure time. Normally weekends are filled with cleaning, parties, work, gigs, plans, friends, family, you name it. This weekend: just days filled with morning coffee, naps, movies, play outside, a picnic, and plenty of ice cream.

Don't get me wrong, I did actually miss going out for 7:00 or 8:00 a.m. runs on Sunday and Monday, but physically, I knew even a spirited walk had the potential to wipe me out for the entire day. I did not want to miss an entire day propped up in bed again. I opted for days filled with bliss instead. Days that floated along magically, it seemed, that brought smiles to the four of us. Smiles on our lips and smiles in our souls.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment makes me smile!