Friday, June 24, 2011

P90X Day 4: Yawning Yoga

Normally, yoga gets me fired up, especially this Yoga X. I believe it's such a great way to get combine meditation and movement. This morning, it took everything I had to get out of bed. I didn't feel like total crap, but I did feel "blah". I wasn't sure why either. I've been eating well, and I got a decent night of sleep.

I started the Yoga X, and yawned, and yawned...continuously for about 30 minutes. I yawned during my sun salutations, my warrior poses (my favorites), everything. It really did seem the most of the yoga happened with my yawns than with the rest of my body. I decided to actually press stop, roll up my mat, and go make some coffee. I told myself I'd try it again in the evening, but still wondered why I felt so "off".

I soon found out as the morning moved on. My lactose intolerance was kicking up. Apparently, I didn't pay attention to several of the foods I ate yesterday, and therefore paid for it all day yesterday. Thankfully I now knew why I felt "off". Calling this day a wash made me feel good that I was listening to my body and not pushing myself for a schedule's sake.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment makes me smile!